New parts in the mail! Pulled Torsion out of its box and wow! It looks even uglier than I remember. But not to worry, most of these parts are being scrapped!
Parts I’m Keeping For The New Torsion:
- Wheels + Brackets – I’m really happy with these Pololu wheels. No issues
- Battery – I used an E-Flight 3C 450mAh that lasted much longer than needed
- Trex Jr. – I’d rather use a TinyESC or a VEX ESC if I were building this from new parts, but it works just fine and I don’t want to spend the cash when I have working parts.
- Tx/Rx – Had no problems with the transmitter or the receiver
Everything else (The arm, springs, armor, frame, Tsiny motor, etc) is now scrap.
New Parts For The New Torsion:
- Faster motors – The old Torsion used horrible 90rpm motors. I’ll be going 900rpm now!
- UHMW armor
- HXT12kg servos – I’m thinking this flipper will be spring-assisted instead of spring-powered. The arm will actuate with 2 of these servos.
And lastly, the 3 big motors are for a new beetle weight I have in mind. Why 3? Well all will be answered soon 😉