Armor Up!

Here we have some black UHMW pieces I got from McMaster. I cut them into 7in pieces and attached them to the base plate with #4 wood screws.

Strips of aluminum were then attached to the sides to protect the wheels. The feel a little flimsy though. I may add a middle piece of UHMW to reinforce the side armor.

Besides that, the rest feels pretty solid! The top armor will probably end up being garolite unless I have a lot of extra weight (which doesn’t seem to happen with my bot history…)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s